Thursday, October 2, 2014

Week Six: The Heroic Journey

I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t know who is J.R.R Tolkien even when I watched The Lord of the Ring Movie, but I was fascinated by the movie immediately and fall in love with the whole background story and the mystery world that Tolkien created. Then I read Hobbits and it was that time I found out Tolkien is the writer of all these masterpieces. I watched the first and the second movies of The Hobbits, it was pretty good, the dragon was amazing, but still I think the book is on another level.
I would say J.R.R Tolkien’s works is a huge inspiration for me. The movie of The Lord of The Ring fulfilled my fantasy of middle earth world. There are so many characters and creatures that I like in Tolkien’s books, some times I also like to design my own versions or think of some of the creatures when I design characters.

This week, I reread part of the book again. This is a book full of adventure, heroism, song, laughter and landscapes. One of the most appealing aspects of The Hobbit is that we can all find our inner-Hobbit; the part of us that wants nothing by an easy and comfortable life. But there is still something inside all of us that perks up at the thought of adventure and a journey into the unknown and I think this is why The Hobbit is such a firm favorite and fondly remembered by all who read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment