Sunday, November 23, 2014

Week Seven: The Novel of Spiritual Education

I am a person that don't like to read, but Harry Potter is probably the first long novel that I finished. I think that shows how much I love this series when I was a kid, I mean I still love it now and I really enjoy the movies as well. I still remember I was in middle school when I read the first book of Harry Potter, I started reading the time when I went to bed and I spent the whole night finished the book, I just couldn't stop reading it.
This week , I reread part of the first book again, I was still fascinated by how good it is. This book is full of wonderful, sly humor. In Hogwarts, exams don't mean just essay tests, but also practical tests. Professor Flitwick called them one by one into his class to see if they could make a pineapple tap-dance across a desk. Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuffbox -- points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was, but taken away if it had whiskers.
Throughout most of the book, the characters are impressively described and every one of them are so vivid that you can almost see them in front of you. 
On the whole, the first Harry Potter book is very funny, moving and impressive .

No comments:

Post a Comment